Pool accidents and drownings are serious dangers for young children around backyard swimming pools. The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported that drowning is the leading cause of death for children ages 1-4 and on average 390 children die from drowning every year.
Best Defense Pool Enclosures in Pennsylvania recommends that homeowners implement the following 7 layers of protection to ensure that their children are protected from preventable accidents like drownings:
- Install locks and alarms around your pool and pool fence
- Put a safety pool fence around your backyard pool area
- Instruct infants and young children proper behavior in and out of the pool
- Supervise the pool and patio area when there are children swimming in the pool
- If you suspect a child missing, always check the pool first
- Know how to properly conduct CPR and make sure the other adults know it too
- Educate family members and babysitters on pool safety
Don’t forget the facts – children ages 1-4 are the most at threat for an unsafe pool. By simply installing a safety pool fence, you will protect your family from dangerous accidents!
Best Defense Pool Enclosures offers a FREE no-risk pool safety evaluation to Pennsylvania homeowners. Call (215) 214-2199 to schedule your FREE consultation.